Sherry Shepherd, Senior Vice President of Operations
Karen Johnson, Vice President of Credit
Diane "Dee" Thomason, Vice President of Credit
Ty Lindsey, Systems Manager
History of Forrest City Bank
The Forrest City Building and Loan Association began in 1919
chartered by the State of Arkansas, and at the end of the first year
had modest assets of only $12,450.00. Mr. S. L. Kirkpatrick was the
first president, and attorney C. W. Norton, Sr. was the first secretary
and managing officer. The association was located in the law office of
Mr. Norton and remained there until 1962.
The members of the first board of directors were forward-looking
men. Their desire was to help people in the Forrest City area to become
home owners. They felt that people who owned their homes would be
better citizens and taxpayers, with a real stake in the growth of our
The association grew, but when the depression of the 1930's came,
the assets were reduced to about $140,000. In 1963 the association
moved from the office of Mr. Norton to East Broadway where Walker
Insurance is now. Construction was started on a building for the
association at 106 North Izard, where the Post Office is located now,
and Forrest City Savings and Loan moved into that location in 1964. The
association had grown to over $3,000,000 in assets by that time.
The Savings and Loan grew at a steady rate over the next several
years. In 1974 the asset growth had reached $9,144,000. By 1984 the
assets were $26,412,000.
In 1984 the association sold its property at 106 North Izard for the
new Post Office and purchased a building site at 715 North Washington.
The construction of a new colonial-type building was begun in March,
1985, and the grand opening of our new and present home was held
December 5, 1985.
In 1994, the association converted to a stock company, and in 1995
the name was changed to Forrest City Bank to show that our services
included more areas of banking. The Forrest City Bank, now a national
association, has around $50,000,000 in assets. The Food Giant Branch of
the bank was opened in April of 1998 and relocated to the Express Bank
in September of 2008 offering drive thru service. The Directors,
Officers and employees continually look for new and better ways to
serve the customers.
Forrest City Bank, NA | 715 North Washington | Forrest City, AR 72335 | Phone: 888.287.6851 | Privacy & Security